Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:19:41 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Brake Fluid Dot 3 & 4?
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

John,

Chill!

DOT-3 and DOT-4 are compatible. Putting in DOT-3 is not a disaster. It just has a lower boiling point. It will not harm the system. DOT-4 is better, especially in a Westy, as it is more likely to be driven down mountain roads at full weight.

Yeah, when filling mine, I make a point to use DOT-4, but if I need fluid and all that's available is DOT-3, I use it and figure I'll drain the system in a few months anyway.

BTW, my cap doesn't say anything in Englische.

Karl Wolz