Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:50:44 -0600
From:         Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Brake Fluid Dot 3 & 4?
Comments: To: "Bill H." <starfinder88@yahoo.com>

I was told by the FLPCG at the FLAPS that DOT4 is specially formulated to not deteriorate brake parts (seals I guess) that contain natural rubber. He told me that the DOT3 will destroy the natural rubber used in brake parts of many german automobiles. The brakes in the vanagon are crap anyway in my opinion, every vanagon owner ive met has had crappy brakes no matter how much money/time they threw at it.

Andrew Fox

Definitions: FLPCG: Friendly Local Parts Counter Guy (i just made this one up) FLAPS: Friendly Local Auto Parts Store