Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:24:05 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: RoadHaus - New Van of the Week Featured

Larry et all

please pimp my ride :) am I next?? hehe thanks for the great link

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM> Sent: Apr 23, 2004 11:40 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: RoadHaus - New Van of the Week Featured

Volks,

I'm pleased to feature a new "Van of the Week" on my home page.

http://www.roadhaus.com/initial.htm

To access the slide show .. click on the Picture in the "Van of the Week" area.

This beauty is lovely owned by Veronica Fraga (veronicafraga@yahoo.com) and resides in Southern California.

In the slide show you will see a "Extreme Makeover" as it metamorphosis from a Syncro Westy to a Syncro Adeventurewagen with Westfalia Interior.

Here's a brief description by Veronica;

The van's name is Pound Puppy, because of the condition it was in when my ex bought it. I used to rescue German Shepherds when I lived in New York; the van reminded me of those dogs. Mixed breeds, mangy looking, down on their luck, abused by previous owners -- but under it all, a glimmer of good genes and lots of potential with the right TLC. The license plate now reads "VNTRWGN", with hitch receptacle covers that say, "AKA Pound Puppy."

It's an 87 Syncro Westy, originally dark gray. I gave it an Adventurewagen hightop for kids' upper bunk, center headroom and front storage, plus cute little wooden map lights. Also added power windows and mirrors, decoupler, 15" wheels, short shift kit, dual marine batteries (I regularly forget to turn off the headlights, and now don't have to worry about it!), 1000w inverter, rear shoulder belts, jump seat, fog lights, big bumpers, rear luggage rack.

Have also repaired/replaced nearly every mechanical part over the past year -- it's in the shop now getting a rebuilt transmission. At this point, the only thing it needs to be the ultimate Syncro camper (IMHO) is an engine conversion.

Larry Chase Email: RoadGuy@RoadHaus.com Web: WWW.RoadHaus.com Cell: 408.202.1217 What: North American Road Trip How: RoadHaus - 1990 White VW Westfalia Syncro Today: .. Syncro de Mayo or Bust!