Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:02:40 EDT
From:         George Goff <THX0001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 hose price deal (this upsets me!)/Poor Baby/Are We Done
              Yet?
Comments: To: huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA

In a message dated 4/23/04 1:56:09 PM, huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA writes:

<< The fact that you post your feeling here (unless your thinking of closing your business) won't change much, asshole are asshole...

George, nice freaking constructive post (GET YOUR FRUSTRATION SOMEWHERE ELSE), your the best...NOTTTT

I i have to read that kind of crap by listee in my mail box i will stop my Vanagon mailing list relationship.

I own a 73, if it wasn't for those guys i would be stuck with buying used parts or go back to a Washer leaker (that i don't want, even if i just bought back my 84), so give those guys some credit (Bus depot, Vanagan, CIP1, Volkscafe) >>

What's your beef with my post, Slick? "GET YOUR FRUSTRATION SOMEWHERE ELSE", what does that mean? The only thing that I find frustrating is that guys like you can't get their heads out of their a$$es long enough to realize that there are thousands upon thousands of brick-and-mortar parts sellers who will equal or better any deal you find on the internet. And, they'll do it without all the dropped balls and the attendant hollow apologies. I think that informing Vanagon owners of their options for sourcing parts IS very constructive.

There are only a few master importers bringing this stuff into the country and all the parts guys, whether on the net or on the next street, have to go to them. Sure there is a little stuff that drops off the back of the truck and escapes the normal distribution circuits, but don't delude yourself into thinking that just because someone has pasted together a purty web page they are also lining up their trucks to unload a container ship.

So, whether it is from the VW dealer or the Bug Haus down the road, my best advice is to BUY LOCAL.

Then you characterize one of Ken's prospective customers as an "asshole". Adam did nothing to merit that classification. In fact he did exactly what is expected of any honorable person who enters this forum: he reported his experience regarding Vanagons for the benefit of all instead of pandering to some select vendors.

By the way, no one is forcing you to read anything. Learn to do what I do and work the hell out of your delete button.

George