Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:03:47 -0500
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Water Woe's
Comments: To: Themervino@CS.COM

The pressure cap is the obvious thing to check. Or just replace it.

Larry A.

Mervyn Readman wrote: > It all started two weeks ago when I was leaving Athen's Ga for the three > hour ride home. I had been driving in town for a while when I stopped for > gas.When I opened the door to get out I hear a hissing and look on the ground to see > approx. 3 gal of anti freeze heading down the parking lot. I look under to > find a large hose completely off. After looking around some more I see also the > cap says for flushing also blown off. I replaced all the hoses and drove home > with no problems wondering what would cause pressures to blow them off. Made > it home and have been driving the van for a couple of weeks when another hose > started to forcefuly leak out coolant and I could see it was under great > pressure. > What could be causing this? Is it the cap not releasing pressure?I thought I > had bled it well but could air in the lines cause this? I don't smell any > exhaust fumes. Van seems to run well. Heat works. Does not over heat.Did great > for probably 400 miles. Anyone have any ideas? Merv >