Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:21:00 -0600
From:         Dan Haydon <DanHaydon@CORNERSTONESOFTWARE.COM>
Subject:      F.S. 91 Vangon GL in Denver

Hi all,

I'm sad to have to do this (doesn't everyone say this?) but I must part with "the vanimal" for various reasons. I've owned it since 2001.

Here's some quick info: Very clean throughout. Paint (Orly Blue), Interior/carpet (Grey), headliner, etc. No major wrecks. Bumpers and siding in excellent condition. Only 1 minor crease on the rear tire-well. The front windshield is cracked. Lots of new parts. New Boge shocks, 70% tread on Michelin tires, new Bosch distributor (paid $500 for this job), A/C conversion/service last summer, drums/discs/pads in 2002, new T-stat. Strong Auto Transmission with no problems. It leaks a little, but I have not taken the time to see from where... Motor 130k original miles on it (and the van for that matter) - I have not diagnosed the problem directly, but the van overheats. There is a major coolant leak from the passenger side rear. I have not looked to see if this from the head gasket or the plastic coolant return valve thing...like I suspect. There is also a rear main seal leak.

If you would like more specific information or pictures, please contact me at dan@yahoo.com or 303-216-2228 (ask for Dan).

Again, this is a great van (beside the motor issues) and we are distraught about having to part with it and the memories. I simply do not have the time to address the various issues with it - understand that I'm not trying to be evasive about any of the issues with the motor...I simply don't have the time. If you'd like to come by and make and assessment of the van, I'd be glad to have you over!

Thanks, Dan Haydon