Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:42:38 -0700
From:         Mark Seifert <theburnvictims@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Actual Vanagon content!!

That's a good idea, because the junkyards have plenty of Jettas, and an ECU goes for about 30 bucks. I've thought about this before, but I'm still too skeptical to actually try it. It looks like the connector that plugs into the ECU is the same, but some of the pins are different. That's why I dont think it would work, because although SOME of the controls and sensors are the same, they may not go through the same pins on the connector. And, some of the sensors may have different resistances, which could send false signals, or some may not even be there at all. For example, I think the jetta has 2 coolant temp sensors. The Jetta ECU would look for that second sensor, and not find it, and that would cause problems. That is considering the engine would even start, which I doubt it would. If pin #7 is not a ground on the Jetta ECU, then there's your answer. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it. I'm too scared. -Mark

_________________________________________________________________ Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist. http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/article.aspx?dept=exercise&article=et_pv_030104_lovehandles