Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:02:44 +0000
From:         Jonathan Tromp <tromper@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: diesel vans must be hot!?!?
Comments: To: vw4x4@FYI.NET

Makes it a bit tougher, I'm looking for a diesel or a syncro (letting karma decide basically), but am weighing the option of getting a 'boxer with a broken motor (a common commodity) and putting the motor I prefer into it.

My old van's a bit thrashed in terms of bodywork or I'd just redo the motor in it again. Diesels may be expensive in the short term, but in the longterm I think they're a better bet.

Tromper 82 Dieselfant II - Thrashed, but it passed (emmissions, and a few 'boxers)