Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:50:26 -0700
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Van running hot

My van is running hot for some reason. My temp needle went way high in the gauge but the light did not go off. Just seemed odd to me to run that hot. It was only about 80 degrees but I was traveling inland in California where the air is much hotter and drier than on the coast where I live. I checked the coolant level and it was OK and there are no leaks. The radiator fan went off a couple of times then stopped soon after.

Any thoughts on why the temp needle is going up way high above the spot it usually sits at just above the little light on the gauge? I'm wary about taking a long trip with this condition.

William