Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:00:32 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Subject: Boston Bob Engine
Comments: cc: tolga@mac.com

Tolga you should go back and look at your emails to me about the oil leak I was ready and willing to fix the problem and we had a plan worked out and I never heard back from you your the emails are listed below now this pack of lies shame on you Bob Donalds Boston Engine

on 7/18/01 tolga wrote

Bob, Hello there. I wanted to talk to you about the continued oil leak from

my long block. As you may recall it's had a small leak (or leaks, about

1qt/1000mi) since I put it in and I've gone through a lot of parts to try and solve the problem. I had the main seal replaced several times with ones you'd sent me, eventually the pulley as well to be sure a bad surface on that wasn't causing a leak. Greg has also replaced all the other major seals on parts coming off the engine/oil pump/pcv and re-siliconed the big flathead screw in the base of the engine. After all this it still leaks and it seems in both my opinion and Greg's that there is some imperfection in the case that is causing the leak to continue. I wanted to see if you'd be willing to work with me to remedy this situation as it troubles me that after investing a good amount of money into getting everything running tip-top I can't get my van painted for fear of ruining the finish with the oil which comes up and onto the tailgate as I drive. Don't get me wrong the engine runs well but has a serious oil leak issue and has since day one. I've spent a lot of time and money to fix it but feel at this point that between myself, my local

mechanic and Greg we've tried everything. Please let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks, Tolga

on 7/21/01 Bob Wrote

>Tolga >call me and we can work something out >Bob

ON 8/15/01 TOLGA WROTE

Will do this week...thanks!

-Tolga

ON 11/26/01 TOLGA WROTE cc to Boston Bob Greg, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner...things have been crazy here in NYC as I'm sure you can imagine! Please let me know what I owe you for the parts you sent off and I'll either send a check or email my credit info. (I got new cards in Sept as the old ones both expired). I also still need a few things:

-tail light connector rubber boots (x2) -2 sets of tail light bulbs -cooling tin screws/mounts (x5-10)

Are these things you have in stock and could send? Working with Bob on the oil leak will probably have to wait until spring as I don't see myself having the time to get out of the city for awhile. Thanks!!!

Take Care, Tolga