Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:40:30 -0400
From:         "Daniel L. Katz" <katzd54@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: coolant system trivia

gary:

also, and i hope this does start a huge thread, i would not use orange stuff. orange stuff can turn coolant into jell in a dirty, corroded, well worn system. if previous coolant was vw blue, i would definitely stick with that; if it was green, i would stick with nominal green chemistry, and use a good quality meat and potatoes green anti-freeze, such as sold by napa. at this point, i recommend circulating lots and lots of pure, clean water through that system and then adding blue or green stuff as needed.

dan