Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:52:09 -0700
From:         Mark Seifert <theburnvictims@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: trans question

I had absolutely no VW experience before I bought my Van. I've only owned it for 4 months, and about half that time was spent with the engine out. Like I said, I don't know much about transmissions, let alone vw transmissions. Most rear-wheel drive vehicles that I've worked on have posi-traction. This was all I wanted to know. At my shop, 80% of our customers drive Japanese cars, and 80% of the time, tune-ups, oil changes, and the occasional cv axle is all that is required for them. So no, I dont expect to run into any problems where I'll have to consult the list to help me do my job. VW's are in a different world than the rest of the cars out there. There is a lot to learn because their design is so original (and odd, at times). I'm still learning about these things, so gimme a break, will ya?

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/