Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:32:55 -0400
From:         gary <clonestar@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: New Engine report

I have found out through experience that the harshest critics in the automotive repair industry are ALWAYS the people with the least amount of mechanical know- how. The less you know- the more you spend. (I have no idea who Boston Bob is, but most mechanics will NOTeven look under the hood of a Vanagon or even an air-cooled 1600) -but if you take my wife for example---she can't read a dashboard gauge and even if she could she couldn't put 1+1 together and see that an overheating engine means to pull over RIGHT NOW--we recently sold her 93 Mitzubishi Eclipse with a blown waterpump and now defunct engine to the boneyard. ( I shudder when she takes "Squeaky " to work all by her lonesome).The trick here is to take care of your vehicle in the first place. Check oil, water, keep regular maintenance, recognize warning signs and when it comes to VW owners--keep a 2nd vehicle handy. Now I must leave and attemt to rebuild my 1600 cc 72' baha "Beast".

G. 84 Vanagon "Squeaky" 72 Baha Bug 1600cc http://dieselslave.tripod.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "ROBERT DONALDS" <donalds1@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 8:08 AM Subject: Re: New Engine report