Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:16:45 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Back from Everybus
Comments: To: vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com,
          The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com

Got back home yesterday at 2 pm ! Long trip home, visiting a cousin in Raleigh, getting Rita & Ina to the beach on the Outer Banks, getting a speeding ticket in Delaware on the way to Long Island to see Tim's Carat that I will be buying, taking the ferry off Long Island to Bridgeport to avoid the traffic mess going back "the other way", then having the boot between the air filter and throttle body pop off after a gas stop causing the van to lurch and stumble into heavy traffic....pretty scary there......had to unload all the luggage to get to that one....easy fix though and then back North to the Aderondacks where there was still ice & snow.....where were my socks ??.....after having spent the previous night in New Jersey where the temps went up to 90 ! The Westy with Boston Bob's Big Valve Engine and performanced chipped computer's first real road trip, performed very well and YES the oil pressure is good now, 37 lbs at 4000 rpm when hot, after switching to 5w50 Mobil 1 before setting out. Nwly painted Carat wheels and new Euro Metric Radial tires obtained from Chris worked just fine. Unknown Euro Metric Radials that were on the alloys seem to work good on a loaded to the gills Westy under all conditions I put them through. Little noisy compared to my previous Michelins though. Big time congratulations to Chris and all his gang for a great event. Those if you who missed _EB04_ (http://www.everybus.com/) , you'd better get there next year ! Too bad my door prizes got lost but an e-mail message from Judy yesterday saying they were finally found in her van was good. They will be used at the next event ! Great to meet so many whom I've communicated with over the years on the Lists ! Joy, who's getting her van together for a great adventure, Larry who's on an adventure and is "The" adventure, I like the shower set-up ! Karl's really bright blue fridge light. AJ and all who helped with his engine problems providing the "Real" reality show. Rita & Ina who went thru a bottle of Vodka Thursday evening......hummmmmmm! Ina who kept hounding me all day Friday to fix her van's stuttering problem, turned out to be a bad fuel pressure regulator. Thanks to Jamie who had the bright idea to pinch the return hose and boost the pressure and that temporarily fixed the regulator for some unknown reason until Ina got a new one. I installed it for her over on the beach on the Outer Banks.....how did we got ll the way over there ?????? that's a whole 'nother story. The Potts Family camp......wow ! Us Canadians showed-em how to travel. We had a large contingency, taking up one entire corner of the campground and some of us even sang "O Canada" at the Saturday nite door prize draw festivities. Richard Palmer for making a really great T-shirt, hope you & Krispy Kreme don't get into a battle ! The people who brought the Vanagon Syncro Double Cab Hunter model pulling the Westfalia travel trailer.....way too cool. The fellow with the '80 Vanagon with 1.6 l air-cooled engine, RH drive, cable clutch and Ireland camper conversion by "Spacemaker", talk about different ! Ben (The Corrupter) for showing us all that it's not that far from Montreal to Everybus.... he and Larry make a good couple !! Lousie for helping diagnose the problem with Ina's bus and playing good guitar and mandolin with the Bluegrass band Saturday night. Gerry for being a really bad music stand..... drink less and you'll hold te book steadier next time ! The cooks who made the Friday & Saturday morning breakfasts......yum......overload.....next time the tortillas need to be WAY bigger ! George for being George. Andre with his newly Subie powered '87 Syncro on its maiden voyage.....without problems I heard last nite !! And, all the others you know who you are. As Ben said, hope to see you all at _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) here in Almonte in June for more good times ! Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 10 ~ 13, 2004 '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Member: _Vanagon List_ (http://www.vanagon.com/) , _LiMBO_ (http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/) , _IWCCC_ (http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/) & _CCVWC_ (http://www.ccvwc.ca/) Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) or http://frankcondelli.com