Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:18:41 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Any detailing tips?
Comments: To: Jim Kennedy <JK@PROJECTDESIGN.COM>

I'm going to stick my neck out again. On the 65- up Porsche most of the Porsche owners I've communicated with simply use Baby Shampoo at a solution strength of 1 teaspoon per quart of water for almost everything on the interior of their cars They use a near pure glycerin salve on their rubber parts. (Get it at the pharmacy). I don't know of any plastic that can stand up to 180 + car interior temps and constant full bore direct UV exposure forever. Strange thing though. My 1969 Chevy work truck that was totally neglected had a good plastic dash in 1992 and my 84 Chevy truck that was kinda spoiled and had at least monthly armorall rub downs had split door arm rests and split dash plastic cover, not to mention the milky obscuration on the clear instrument lenses in 1992. On the 1969 it could have been the generous covering of dirt and dust that fended off the UVs.

Stan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Kennedy" <JK@PROJECTDESIGN.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 11:41 AM Subject: Re: Any detailing tips?