Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 2004 07:53:38 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: 89 Westy needs a good bra
Comments: cc: DanielCRoberts@AOL.COM

> Where can I find a good quality bra for my Westy? I've had a > lot of good products from Bus Depot but their bra was too > small for my Westy. I don't want to criticize them after > finding many good products at their site. They accepted my > return even after the 30 day return period had expired. > > Where else can I look? I want a bra that covers the entire > area of front sheet metal and one that fits snugly and > doesn't flap in the wind at highway speed. > > Suggestions?

Thanks for the positive comments, Dan. But I think I should still clarify here, lest people think that our Vanagon bra is generally too small.

The bra we sell for the '86-91 Vanagon is a GENUINE VOLKSWAGEN bra, the very same one sold for a bit more money by your friendly local VW dealer. It fits well and properly, is the only one specifically designed for the square-headlight grill, and has a Vanagon logo nicely embroidered on it. Simply put, it's the best 1986-up bra available for the Vanagon. In fact on the link below you can see a picture of how nicely it fits and looks.

I am at a loss to explain why out of the hundreds we've sold over the years (and the many thousands that Volkswagen has sold), Dan's Vanagon was the only one that it would not fit. (Unless of course the bra he received was simply cut incorrectly at the factory. It would be a first, but is certainly not impossible.) We did suggest to Dan that he let the bra sit in the sun for a while first to make it more pliable (a common technique for installing a bra the first time), but when it still wouldn't fit we took it back.

Dan, the other bras sold for '86-up (i.e.Colgan, CalBra) are designed to fit all watercooled Vanagons whether round or square headlighted. I have found both of these brands to be nearly identical in fit and quality when it comes to Vanagon applications, and prefer both to the similar Wolf version. We do sell these bras, but we sell them as an '83-85 Vanagon bra. (While they do fit thru '91, we only list them thru '85 because we offer the genuine VW one for '86 up.) Supposedly, however, these bras will be the same dimensions as the genuine VW one you already tried (other than having a more generic headlight opening and lacking the Vanagon logo on the front).

Colgan/CalBra (all watercooled Vanagon):

http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=B11D

Genuine VW ('86-up Vanagon), with picture:

http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=zvw193008

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT