Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 May 2004 03:24:16 -0700
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: cooling question (are there any other questions?)
Comments: To: Bike Florida <bikeflorida@EARTHLINK.NET>

Mine always runs hotter with the needle above the LED when I don't have the A/C on and the outside temperature is above 70F. With the A/C on it stays right on top of the needle no matter how hot it is outside.

If the outside temp is under 50F, the needle rides just under the LED, but I have the 80F thermostat and radiator fan switch installed.

Good luck,

Bike Florida <bikeflorida@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote: My two week old 1987, runs perfect, never overheats, leaks nothing. The temp gauge sticks right over the led, whether on the highway or during excessive idling, I drove about 200 miles today, with a lot of city driving, and around 7 this evening I decided to get some fresh air, and rolled down the window and turned the AC off, I was doing a lot of stop and go, mostly stop, with very little go, when the van just died. I started it right back up and noticed the temp gauge was just above the led, it didn't seem to go any higher, just hover around that point, I noticed I could not feel the fan running. Usually I can feel the vibration from the fan while doing a lot of idling. I immediately pulled into a lot and shut it off, I heard the fan then, but it wasn't nearly as loud or hard as usual. So I started thinking, what is different. the AC, I started the van up and turned the AC on and felt the familiar vibration of a hard running fan. The van ran in its normal range the rest of the drive. Sooo I must ask, is it a two speed fan, are there two fans? What gives, do I have a bad sensor. Looking forward to hearing response from those in the know.

Jerry

87 Wolfsburg 'Time Machine'