Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 May 2004 14:37:46 -0400
From:         The corruptor <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Roadhaus - Need an Engine

Rachel wrote: >>>>I just gotta tell the group, this adventure was not conservatively implemented. Putting a high-performance engine in a long-haul Westy and expecting a normal lifespan is an exercise in futility. For anyone considering a highly modded engine, Roadhaus' history here should serve as a

lesson learned, for this application stick to what's reliable.<<<<<

What is conservatively implemented mean! I've seen some stock rebuilt work like shi*, and last for less than 20k, do you want some name? Do you know the full story behind that engine choice and the support he was suppose to have from that rebuild guys... But you’re bro, Roadhaus should serve as a lesson, a lesson of life, discovery and friendship.

“It’s all about peoples” (Larry Chasse)

Stan wrote: >>>>>I'll be looking forward to seeing your weekly reports about your new adventure; "GreensHaus the golf cart experience", when you get back home andthink twice about putting another three thousand or more into the RoadHaus adventure. Westfalia Acres sounds like a great place to put RoadHaus up on blocks as a final resting place until you find a buyer for yet another dead engine Westy.<<<<<

Well, that "wisdom Stan", I can understand :-)

I have never publicly share my admiration for Mr Chasse, but now I will...

Keep that thread clean and helpful, as I know him, am sure he can use all the moral support we can give him..... am ready to fly there, pay my airplane ticket, loose one week, work like a dog for 5 days... are you guys ready to do so.......

Larry is one kind of a human being, one of the best folks I had the pleasure

to meet in the past 5 years, his dream of travelling, is dream of freedom, is search for knowledge, discovery, is passion for people, landscape, his peaceful way of thinking, his love for nature is something that we should all applause, respect and embrace... he is living the VW Westfalia ultimate dream, the real stuff....the risk he took was big, what he had in return is immense, there is no words to describe what he as become as a human being.

http://www.benplace.com/floride/100_0226.jpg

In Everybus, I could see in his eyes that he had the will and spirit to continue as long as he had some money left for fuel & food....and a working engine, each new morning, he is all excited, where to go, what to see... like a child his. He perfectly know that one day he will have to go back to reality, but am sure that now it is not the time.....yet.

He told me more than once; "It's not about the van, it's all about the community and people who owned those" Well, lets show him now that's true!

You need one night around a campfire with this gentlemen, you will understand why after.

I am jealous of him and his trip, am not afraid to tell him.

Regards.