Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2004 11:42:37 -0400
From:         Jean-Pierre Le Cruguel <jlecruguel@AEI.CA>
Subject:      Roadhaus donation

Hi all,

Let's not get into this debate about donation, help, etc. It's about each one's value. And to me, both side have very good reasons to do so. It's about values. And I understand that. So, I think it's very important not to put pressure either way. Everyone's is free to do give or not to give, without feeling bad or cheap. I am sure many people that do not like to give cash give some of their time to their community, and to this community. Think of all the help given and miles that have been driven to give some help, a place to sleep, to fix the van, good meals, etc. giving is not only about money. Many of the ones who said they were not comfortable with sending some cash belong to the most helpful persons here. Money has something special about it and it goes deeply inside one's education and values.

I decided to help Roadhaus as a sponsor (just few bucks). You might call me naive. But what Roadhaus has done is a dream to me. I may not do it, but it's great to see him doing it.

The other reason I decided to help is because Roadhaus represent the true american values: a great country, great spaces, great people and Roadhaus went to meet this America, and put this down to earth America back on the front stage. As a French/Canadian, this kind of adventure gives me some faith back in America.

To me, it's just a little help to keep this dream going.

Take Care,

JP