Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2004 10:04:59 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Roadhaus - Caveat to the Prospector

** chime time **

This is your view and thats what make the list a list of members regardless of status and whatever. * just FYI i was reading on the 2.2 before Larry had this in and almost went this route becuase of whatever reason i was thinking at the time? but stayed with my 1.9l weaker. I don't stay i'm better that anyone for doing what i did. but I remember talking with Larry about his 2.2 and he was running with it ok, but this is part of what makes progress in a forward way we learn from all things even if you feel like you went backwards

ok how many of todays VW drivers would pull over to help my old bug on the side of the road NB or some new school ride, shoot they would look over and pass my @ss IN A HEARbeat and say some stupid s*(* like ohh yer still 6vt, why why why?? LOL cos I am

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@EARTHLINK.NET> Sent: May 6, 2004 9:16 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Roadhaus - Caveat to the Prospector

Entity The Bus Depot spoke thus:

> The idea of sending Larry cash via Paypal was > initiated by others who felt a desire to help Larry out.

Oh, the perverse irony of it all, after all this time assuming Larry was independently wealthy. How else could we explain his preoccupation with expensive and experimental engine conversions? His spurning of much good advice given here? His condescending ridicule of anyone criticizing his extravagant lifestyle?

Most of you who so vehemently support Larry's rescue don't know the history of this project. That's because you are suckers, armchair Vanagonites intoxicated by a story you started reading at chapter 12. Ahhh...the fantasy of it all...

Ye who are new to this list hearken unto the wise and elderly, the odyssey if fraught with tragedy and joy. To best share the joy of the Vanagon lifestyle don't sabotage your own reputation.

Still, I sent my small donation. No skin off MY nose ...

-- Gnarlie http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Cogent/Cogent.html