Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2004 14:47:07 -0400
From:         The corruptor <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Roadhaus - Need an Engine
Comments: To: Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>

Let me clarified a few thing on behalf of Mr Chasse. I am sure he won't mind...

When travelling with him, each days peopleS were asking questions and being curious, each time he took the time to explain why and how to every single person, being very polite and so on.

One of the often ask question was; how can you manage money wise to do so, he answer was simple, it's a choice have made, I have sold everything I had to do that one of a kind trip (I say one in a life time trip). He also took the time each night to reply to every e-mail he had, any questions, again, he choose to share is trip with the world, like Ron said, some don't, but he choose to do so!!! But I know why, he never told me so directly but I know... am not even sure he did fully understand the dimension and magnitude of is web site on some people... but like I said before, it's all about the people... Internet is a great way of communication.

You know what, am quite happy that he did, I have met him, like many others did, am sure that every single people that met him, some with the use of internet, where quite happy to meet him.

Remember my Mexico trip last year!!!! I have posted for help and shelter before my trip and in this one.... Why, well that is simple, it was my first very long and far trip, I was kind of afraid, and also, I didn't feel ashamed to ask, I said to myself, I have help more than 1 people, why should I be afraid to ask for some help!!! Well, at the beginning I had 127 offers for shelter and help along the way, I was simply amaze by all those e-mail coming in, over 260 offers, I have use some of it and met the people behind what was before just a virtual relationship. Those people that I have travel with and the one that help me will stay in my heart forever.... Hopefully Larry's web site will stay there forever and help a few, or make someone that was afraid to do so to do the same, he could even write a book about his adventure.... So if any of you guys question the reason for some of us sharing stuff....

Larry as great story to tell about peoples, sadly they are not on is web site, but I hope one day that he will share those with the world, because they are great stories.

So to answer and come back to my original posting, when you leave, the bucket is full of cash, nothing will ever replenish this bucket wile traveling, now, with all the engine problems he had, the bucket is lower than ever.... He doesn't have the money to put a engine, make the calculation yourself, it's not much. But he was ready to travel a few month on that very low budjet.... Because he his living his dream.

Who are we to judge the "Why" of is travel or gadget, and yes he his a gadget men.

So the one who don't agree with helping him, just get out of that thread... I will never let anyone bash or question that guy, FREAKING NEVER...

And don't try to make me cry with your "family need" or "hard money to get", or him having a few gadget to get some kind of home comfort in a 14 feet van, HE DOESN'T A FREAKING HOME ANYMORE, how is that for security and comfort, 99% of you guys would never imagine doing a trip like that, don't tell me about responsibilities, it's a choice!!! Can we respect a choice? WE are not talking about a 100$ here, not even about money, we are trying to help in anyway we can!!!!!!!!!

Don't make me cry, we are talking of a few $ here.. the price of a cigarette pack...

Damn, a few of you make me real sick........ I cannot believe what some of you guys are writing, why the hell am I maintaining a free VW web page, for people like you...

I really wish I could speak French now, you would not believe how clear and elaborate my post would be....

Ben Can you keep that thread helpfull, is it too much to ask.......