Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2004 18:16:49 -0400
From:         Matt Bennett <matsuwesty@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Subject: Re: Big Brake + Steel Wheel ?

I had the problem with Go-Westy steel wheels not working with the big brake kit. The Go-Westy steel wheels are actually 14 inch wheel centers welded into custom 15 inch rims. This results in a 15 inch wheel with the inner diameter of a 14 inch wheel. Great if you want to use 15 inch tires, but you can't use the big brake kit. Apparently, when I bought my wheels (about 2 years ago) this wasn't common knowledge at Go-Westy, so when I wanted to purchase a big brake kit last fall I called them and told them that the inner diameter looked too small for the big brake kit. After talking to several people there it was confirmed that it is too small. I told them that they needed to include that in their catalog and their website because part of the reason I bought the 15 wheels was to install a big brake kit. They offered to work with me on the purchase of new wheels and a big brake kit. I ended up purchasing some mint condition 15 inch Mercedes steel wheels on e-bay, and have yet to purchase a big brake kit (it will happen though). Matt Bennett

Matsuwesty Adventures website: http://home.earthlink.net/~matsuwesty FAVOR website: http://home.earthlink.net/~clubvanagon "Life is a journey, explore each day and treasure every minute given to you"