Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2004 15:07:45 -0700
From:         Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG>
Subject:      Donors to Flag & Hospitality Fund:  THANKS!
Comments: To: "syncrolist@yahoogroups.com" <syncrolist@yahoogroups.com>

The following individuals contributed money toward the flag and hospitality fund for Syncro de Mayo this year. The funds were spent on flags from each country having representative/guest present at the event, hardware to display them and gifts to the guests who traveled from abroad.

These donations were made by syncronauts from the USA who wanted to help extend a warm welcome to our international guests.

Donations

Total donated $390

Dan Flemming ($50) William Hoenig Timothy King Smith Held Donald Dixon ($20) Ronald Cunningham Mark Shoering ($20) Thomas Sinclair Robert Stevens ($25) Sanford Schulwolf David Mari Larry Chase Werner Schnik Diana Anderson Eldon Miller

Tom Lengyl ($150)

Fund Expenditures:

>Flags : $252 >Gifts: $ 93 (wine, cheese, cold cuts, bread for >Jan & Pierre + dinner for Gary Lee) (Tim Smith's airline ticket was funded >by event fees paid in 2004 by ESPN2's film crew and a few private donations.) >Flag Poles, etc. $ 44 > >TOTAL: $389

Thanks to all of the donors for helping us make the flag display and hospitality gifts possible. The flags looked great, I will post pics as soon as I get some. The guests were very appreciative of and moved by your generosity and hospitality.

Here is a pic that includes some of the flags that was taken from the stage. This view does not quite capture the full effect (or all of the flags) given when the flags were viewed from other more common vantages, especially when the wind was blowing, and they were all flowing. Hopefully, another photo will. (p.s. there were flags at the main gate, too.)

http://www.syncro.org/sitephotos/flagsSDM.JPG