Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 May 2004 23:17:02 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      State your agelessness

It's no surprise to me that most of us have our roots in the old Bus.

I'm 51 and VW is the only make i have owned for 22 years.

That's where it began for me in 1979 . I bought a 1965 Sundial Camper. It had no pop-top, and it had a good engine and transmission.

Gas was 89 cents a gallon.

I had never owned a Volkswagen before. I discovered America "best by car" with mine and dorve it for 2 1/2 years.

After i sold it, i regetted it for 8 years. Finally , I bought another one, a 64 Bus-but it wasn't the same . Five years , three engines a transmission and front end later, I found my '82 Westfalia Diesel in a junkyard with a burnt engine.

The was the the beginning of a new adventure . The Vanagon is a better vehicle and they are made so well. I have driven mine for 8 years already and nothing else appeals .

I like the Vanagon list since we have so much in common with this vehicle. I'm not suprused that many of you have owned these since they were new- they were top notch then and they are still today. Though i have owned several other Vanagons, I'm attached to my '82. I have a '95 Golf engine in it and power steering, -it drives and handles like a car.

I've added a heater and a Humprey gas light, and the fridge makes ice cubes. It doesn't get better than this. There are some hidden refinements that do'nt attract attention or loud guffaws from envious Vanagonites. And I always enjoy looking at someone elses Vanagon - as much as this car blends in it stands out. Its outstanding.

Robert K

1982 Westfalia Seattle

Robert 1982 Westfalia