Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2004 08:48:29 -0400
From:         Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: State of the List... State your ages!!!!!!! :<)
Comments: cc: vw4x4 <emz@fyi.net>

My turn.......................

44 year old bachelor that has had to redefine the word, as most people have this image of what a bachelor is like. I'm my own boss, in some sense, as I made it clear, years ago, I'm not going to put up with answering to anyone, who is less capable than I am.

As I was growing up, my dad being the efficient person he is, had a 1965 BUG, followed by a 1970, witch was promptly stolen. Of coarse , my first car, at age 14, had to be a 1968 BUG. I spent many days working on it learnng about cars, saving my paper route money to buy parts. This dream ended abruptly in a near head on collision, witch BTW was blamed fully on the other driver. Followed recovery, My second vehicle was a 1970 Plymouth Duster (mistake). I traded this for a1969 bug. The years started moving fast, and I've been thru many vehicles, but always had VW's of some kind. I've had a 77 rabbit, 72 Ghia, 85 Golf, 73 SUper beatle. In 1985 I purchase a 1980 Vanagon, to camp for the summer. It had a brand new engine in it, and was a great time, witch I will never forget. In 1990 I was in the middle of several legel problems and trade it for a 1986 Vanagon. In 1996 I purchase my current 1986 Syncro. In 1997 purchase a parts Syncro, witch I am now driving, called Vanagon SS, (or Vanagon Second Synco). Over the last few years, I have purchase several VW's just for part. I have the titles, for maybe 15 vehicles, that I have parted out, and a few parts vehicles I have no tiltes for, including another syncro, (thanks Walt). At this stage of the game I'm loosing track of them all. That's one reason I thought of writing this. To documnet what I can remember. Maybe to much coffee. Gotta run..............

ERic