Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2004 18:52:17 -0700
From:         Jere Hawn <jghawn@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: State of the List... State your ages!!!!!!! :<)

Hi All,

I am now 45 going on 21.

My first car was a 64 1/2 Mustang. Only had it for a year and then started down the 65 Chrysler 300 path I've had 4 of them (413 engines, trunk seats twelve). I first got into Vanagons in 82 after I graduated from college. The company I worked for in San Jose used them as company cars and I frequently got to trade the rabbit (my company car) for the van. I joined the Navy and got a Toyota Celica and then a 84' CJ-7 Laredo and traded that in when my son was born in 87 for a Chrysler LaBarron GTI (worse car ever) then in 90 I bought my Vanagon GL which I still have with 305,000+ miles. During its time "Herbie" has seen 2 Datsun 4x4's another 65 Chrysler 300 (2 door red) until 02 when I bought an 88 GL. Today I am down to just the two Vanagons.

What do I do with them, the 90 has been converted into a wanna-be Carat with everything except the door side jump seat (don't want it) and the alloy wheels (still looking) and I've added screen windows. This one is the camper and my to-and-from school car and the other one is the people carrier for the kids. I am considering getting rid of the 88 for parts and keeping the power windows, cruise, and power locks for the 90. But I'm still viewing options, the digi-wife wants an Outback, or I may trade her in.

Jere 980 GL 88 GL