Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2004 23:18:37 -0400
From:         Julia Schrenkler <ckjas@MN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: State of the List... State your ages!!!!!!! :<)
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

In a word, wow. Great people here.

35.

Our family has kept plenty of VWs through the years. My uncle, a mechanic, worked on VWs and seemed to have something to show me about every one he had around. I can remember the smell of any number of the squarebacks after their heaters ran for a bit and seriously wish I could just breathe that in... Broke my collarbone in a rollover in one of those sweet sweet cars, and was more upset at the fact that the car was mangled.

My Mother had an air-cooled Vanagon in yellow and ivory, man, I loved that van. Growing up I wanted a Westfalia, but waited - whether for the right van, or right time, or whathaveyou. I like cars, trucks, cycles, funny engine doodads...but love VWs, adore the Westy. Makes me grin, keeps the road open. So does this list.

-Julia