Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2004 23:41:37 -0400
From:         The corruptor <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Thoughts on Larry, the list, and State Your Ages!

First, thank you. And yes, i do think the list meber are getting closer, in all that brouhaha, everyone staid somewhat polite, fact, the list staid open!!!

I have receive news of Larry, he is doing fine, sold some stuff and have some new possibility.

As for me, i have been working like a dog on my bus.... i will call hime an hybrid... fir the first time i did a complete paint job, with good tools, good paint,,,my now bright orange (L20B orginal 1974-79 color)/ white westy as a new life, rust was completely removed, new metal sheet, 3layer primer + 3 layer urethane Dupond paint. I did the paint job and bodywork myself, the paint is amazing, am inpress with what i did. Total # hours, about 35.

I have a all new 78 interior with stove.... all redone, a nice wood floor and many little gadjets.

I guess i don't have to talk about the mechanical side of the Bus, everything from the braking sytem to the drive axle is basicaly new!!!

Am running a clean and strong 1800cc with modified head, cooling system (i have one Bro, ha ha ha) is clean, tight and operational. Am also running a reliable single weber carc, well jetted and ajust, 318 miles with a 13 gallons tank, can you beat that with your Vanagon!!!!

So what do i loose compare to a vanagon, the upper bed (nest year), some better handling and........... heat...

Well, i don't want to bash the Vanagon, but i like the simplicity of the bus...i now have about 85hp and it's more than i need with that tranny.... very simple, reliable and much better looking than any Vanagon.

Of course, i took 75 pictures, comming this week.

Again, thank you and long live this list, we need it, at least, some do!!!

Regards