Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 May 2004 13:23:07 -0700
From:         Robet Lilley <Wolfvan88@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Lowering '85 Westfalia

Get the Boge performance springs and add heavier front and rear sway bars. Stick with hydraulic shocks. Gas shocks with the performance springs will give you a ride that you will feel bumps more.

I have had H&R springs and gas shocks and heavier front and rear sway bars.

The best combo for performance VS ride is what I have done for those that do not like harsher rides or have a rider that does not like bumpy rides .

I can take most curves at 10mph to 15 mph above warning, with little to no body lean. Bumps are not a problem.

If you add a bigger front sway bar, you will need to add the rear one to balance it out. I waited many months to add my rear bar to see how it drives with the bigger front bar. Rear was loose a lot and it did not handle as well in corners.

Robert

(Anybody in the Phoenix area who wants a ride to see, just ask.