Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 May 2004 11:12:39 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tires...again!

I have stock 14 steel wheels with the agilis Michelin's these are 185 with alot of knobs on them so the don't look to thin, but are the best tires i've ever had they are made in Italy and even have a nice looking euro look. but I've been in heavy rain and they grab the road deep channels.

waited like 2months to get these.. 100 bones each oh BTW they did'nt have a 195 in this tire.

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Andy Yarnell <Andrew.Yarnell@KIMLEY-HORN.COM> Sent: May 13, 2004 10:45 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Tires...again!

Paolo wrote: I have an 89 Carat with the 14X6 alloy wheels. My old Michelin MXTs are about the give up the ghost: the tread is fine but there is some age crazing in some sections of the sidewall rubber. I was never too confident about them anyway.

I'm considering the BFG T/A KO All-Terrain which come in 27x8.50R14/C size with a 9% LI (1515 per tire@ 50 PSI) which seems adequate. _____________________________________________________________________

Paolo,

I too have a 1989 Carat, and I too am looking for new tires. I currently have the 185r14 Yokohama Y356 tires, and they are skinny. From behind the bus looks funny with such skinny tires.

I am looking at a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T's (D693) 195/75r14. They have a "C" rated side wall, and look great. I have a set of the Dueler A/T Revo's on my 1995 Explorer and I LOVE them. If they made them in a 14" size I would instantly buy a set. Until then, I am seriously considering the regular Duelers. You can find them at http://www.etires.com/ or the www.tirerack.com. The prices seem to be reasonable. I am going to try to get them locally at Peerless Tire where I got my Revo's, usually cost is more, but you get lifetime rotation and balancing.

I saw a Vanagon with a set last summer in front of my building (work) in down town Denver with Oregon plates I think. It was a 2wd van, and it looked like the tires fit fine, and looked more appropriate for the vehicle than my skinny 185's.

Anyone else running Bridgestone Dueler A/T's on their Vanagon? 2wd or Syncro?