Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 May 2004 16:35:19 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: State of the List... State your ages!!!!!!! :<)
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Okay, I'll go there... It's got to be Frydaye somewhere in the universe.

On Saturday, May 8, 2004, at 13:23 US/Pacific, JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote:

> > i think it would be a cool thread to see the average ages of people on > the > list...

Fifty something. (Man! Where did the time go???) Ponytailed Child of the Sixties.

> and why you like vw vans, or why you bought your van..

Live in a part of the world where class As and class Cs can't get to the good campsites. Traded a Mazda RX2 for first bus ('62 double cargo door bus) in about 1980 or so. Kept it until the beach weather ate it up. Bought '83.5 Vanagon GL for wife to haul GIrl Scouts in. Then a Baja to tow behind the motorhome. Sold Baja, moved to Oregon. MH wouldn't get to the campsites that I wanted to get to. Sold MH, bought Bleu. Started WetWesties with a few other like minded folks. Years pass. WetWesties grows. Got The Orphan from Britt Grannis. Learned all about diesels. Got Weekender from David Ratzlaff who rescued it from the boneyard. (Third owner!)

Why do I drive them? They fit my needs. I understand them. They go where I need to go in the weather that I have to travel through. In our campers, we always have our home with us. I like camaraderie. (You ever see Honda owners admiring each other's rides?) Most of all... (you'll find this hard to believe..) they're dependable. They will all get you home.

> and if you used it > for your your family, or just yourself..

We're an all VW family... '77 ASI Riviera, Daily Driver (hers) Bleu '81 ASI Riviera Weekender, Work in Progress (mine) Un-named as of yet. May be a keeper. '82 Diesel Westy, Forever Van also a Work in Progress (ours) The Orphan '83.5 GL (sigh... may be parts soon. 250k miles and needs a reseal again.) Brownie Bus '95 B4 Passat, Daily Driver (daughter's) Too new to have character or a name.

Jim (& Lisa) Arnott WetWesties Union, OR