Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 May 2004 18:29:51 -0700
From:         Michael Brenner <brenner9@YOSEMITE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Project FS

Kicking around selling my Vanagon project. So here is what I got: 1984 Westy Wolfsburg edition. Had the classic head leaking syndrome but ran great, so I replaced the heads with some rebuilt AMC's (?). Never ran right after that. Will start up fine, but it stalls once warm, and will not re-start, not even with ether. Soooo I procured an 82 Diesel Vanagon with an overheated motor, to do a I-4 conversion. And located (but have not purchased a 88 Fox for $500. OD shows 95K, however it was towed behind an RV most of it's life). Looking at the mountain ahead of me, I thought, ya know if someone came along with $2500, I'd let this go. So that's the deal. I am located in Mariposa, California which is just outside Yosemite National Park (a United Nations Heritage site). I do have pictures of the Westy, that I can send. The interior is great, however it took a header into a very large pine tree, after the wife decided to test the laws of gravity on it. ("Well I know you said the emergency brake didn't work, but I didn't think it would roll down the hill if I left it in neutral" - so, what are you gonna do?) The 82 turned out to be in suprisingly good shape, sort of bought it sight unseen, and it looks really good. Was going to scavenge a lot of parts off of it for the Westy. I really hate giving this project up, the ole Vanagon's are the vehicle's you hate to love, and will probably end up buying another down the road. Serious inquiries only, have a very slow internet connection, so it will take a while for the pictures to send.