Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 May 2004 01:13:14 GMT
From:         Mark C <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: T-Mobile
Comments: To: gull@GULL.US

> On Fri, 7 May 2004, Chuck Reisinger wrote: > > > I've been reading the T-Mobile web site...there Hot Spot system (cyber > > cafes) just might be what I'm looking for...does anyone on the mail list > > have a T-Mobile account and rely on this for most of there internet > > connects...I realize that you must be in a location where T-Mobile is > > offered (Startbucks, Boarders, Barns n' Noble...) > > FWIW, McDonalds just signed a contract with another wireless internet > vendor to put wireless internet access in their restaurants. They're > hoping to start rolling it out nationwide soon. Pricing was going to > start at something like $2.95 for a couple of hours. >

Forget T-Mobile... You can't talk to anybody about HotSpots. Try paying in advance, in hard cold cash, try emailing them, try going to a T-Mobile Store, try going to T-Mobile Hotspot locations... you can't do it... What you can do is, let them take the money out of your account... well I hate that... everyone thinks they have the right to stick their fingers in my account. What happened to the respect for cash?

I'd go Broadband with Verizon. You can give them money at their corporate stores (they wear ties at these ones) and pay in advance (it'll be a credit)... In San Diego County you'd be able to access the internet throughout the county and not in some too loud, too lonely hotspot location. You could do it in the trunk of your car if you wanted to. Even when someone else is driving it. And it'll be rolled out nationwide this summer. Let T-Mobile die the death it deserves.