Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 May 2004 23:11:57 -0400
From:         Kevin <antelopewesty@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: State of the List... State your ages!!!!!!! :<)

OK I'm 27. My first bus experance was when I was like 8 my uncle had a 77 bay window westy. I loved it every time he came over I would make him pop the top and I would hang out in it. I actually pressed the clucth in once and hit the mail box at the end of the drive way :) He will never let that down even though there was no damage except the mail box. First car was an 88 vanagon GL. I beat on it so hard and it went great for 2 years took it on lots of snowboard trips with friends. Heads finally went after 10 months of bars leak :) Sold that and went VW less for a couple years then I bought a sweet 90 Passat. I personally put 200K on that bad boy camped in it more then any of my vans. Then I picked up a rusty 76 bus that only lasted a couple months. Then vw less for a couple years and my girlfriend talked me into buying my 80 westy sold that and a week later I picked up an 81 vanagon by accident, can't pass up a great deal. Now I have my 87 Westy, I'm hooked and learning alot. I love the vanagon shape I can carry big stuff like I have a truck and still get away on the weekend. Now I just need a non westy to learn about engine conversions and do my day to day hauling. Still trying to convince my friends and family that Westfalia is not german for money pit :) Cheers Kevin 87 Westy Burlington VT