Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 May 2004 21:51:02 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Fw: [vanagon] Stuck Carat side table

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug in Calif To: Eric Abercrombie Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:50 PM Subject: Re: [vanagon] Stuck Carat side table

Hello Eric, My 89 wolfy did the exact same thing. There is a little part that breaks on the end that does not allow the holding tooth to retract as it is supposed to when you press in on the table. I ended up taking all the hardware loose on the top of the table to get the top pulled away and it still was being held by that one little tooth on the holder. I pryed and pryed hoping to pop the bottom loose, I finally got frustrated at the lack of room or ability to see down in-between the table and gray plastic and YANKED it off. It did not seem to do much damage just ripped the hole the tooth goes into. I removed the two Philips from the lock to the bottom of the table and now the table no longer latches down.

I don't know if you pulled the entire gray panel loose if you could get behind and release the catch its tough when the table is catched in the down position.

Best of luck,

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: Eric Abercrombie To: vanagon@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:27 PM Subject: [vanagon] Stuck Carat side table

The sidetable in my 89.5 Wolfsburg is stuck in the down position. I've tried to push it in first, but it just doesn't pop out. Any tricks to get it loose ?

Thanks Eric

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT