Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 May 2004 11:29:31 -0400
From:         Alan Pickersgill <alanpick@MAGMA.CA>
Subject:      For Sale '85 Transporter/Westfalia

Hi All: I'm selling my camper after 11 years; got a fibreglass trailer and I'm going to try that instead of the Westfalia thing - hoping it will be cheaper and as much fun?? The list has helped me a lot over many years; thanks to everyone who gave so generously of their time and advice. Who knows I may be back again if the trailer thing doesn't work out. If you or someone you know is interested in my van please email me alanpick@magma.ca . I could send a picture or two and answer any questions. Details are below.

PRICE: I am asking $9,300 Canadian dollars - for US people that is $ 6,670 at today's rate. LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada which is close to the US border - 193 miles from Syracuse NY, 216 miles from Burlington VT.

DETAILS -245,000 km on the chassis -60,000 km on the VW Canada rebuilt (1998) - clutch, throw out bearing, main seal - Government of Ontario safety inspection and environmental test just passed -AM/FM/Cassette/CD with remote control and 6 CD changer -110 volt outlet and land line for cooler, lights and heater -150 watt inverter -alarm system and imobilizer -3 driving lights and H4 Bosch headlight conversion -rubber flooring throughout - no carpeting - coleman 12V /110V cooler - 3 burner coleman propane camp stove can be used on the counter or outside - lots of storage - Note: there is no fridge and sink

Most of the usual stuff has been done: -recent tires -exhaust this spring -sliding door parts fall 2003 -radiator (some years ago - but no winters since) - clutch slave cylinder -front heater blower and balast -rear heater core -power steering hoses (Frank Condelli's ) -starter -alternator

Maintenance: - VW phosphate free coolant since new engine in '98 - changed every two years -Synthetic engine and transmission oil -changed 3,000-5,000 km - oil sprayed annually (Oil Gard) - dry winter storage - result it is rust -free - detailed maintenance/repair record details work since 1993 - shows van has been well cared for. - Bently Maintenance / Repair manual included.

The van started out life as a Transporter, and was camperized by the previous owner (aftermarket window in drivers side, full width bed - very comfortable) . I put the Wesfalia roof on in 1998 and had it repainted at that time. The paint is this is the only downside to this van. The lower part had "stone guard" applied before painting. Something went wrong with the preparation process and a few years later the paint has begun to peel from the stone guard and in some places the stone guard is peeling from the paint beneath it. Looks bad but is purely cosmetic. A reputable local body shop would paint the affected area for $800 CDN but I did not do it because I want people to see the actual condition. I'm always suspicious of buying a vehicle that is freshly painted.

So long and thanks again to all. Alan Pickersgill Ottawa