Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 May 2004 06:36:40 -0500
From:         Chuck Mathis <cmathis@HOUSTON.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cooling Light Q?

The coolant light will flash if there is not enough coolant in the reserve tank or if the coolant mixture is not right. There should be no air in the reserve tank (or very, very little). Having pressure build up in the overflow tank and air in the reserve tank is not a good thing -- something is building up pressure there. Have your coolant tested for exhaust gases as this could be a sign of a cracked head. When you refill the overflow tank use a mixture of coolant and water not straight water.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg West - 'Roland the Road Buffalo'