Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 May 2004 13:20:26 -0400
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Towing a Vanagon
Comments: To: Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>

when i wanted to tow my vanagon from montana to michigan using a uhaul tow dolly i had some problems. i wanted to use a econoline 250 (3/4 ton) and they wouldn't let me. they said i needed at least a econoline 350 (1 ton). we had both trucks at work at the time and i can tell you from working on them that there is really no difference between the two besides the rear springs. the brakes are the same on both. so my solution was to visit the junkyard and buy myself a set of econoline 350 badges for my 250 and do some badge re-engineering. the uhaul people were happy and i made my tow with out any problems.

jonathan