Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 May 2004 23:16:31 -0500
From:         Brian Asbury <b_asbury@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      1987 Vanagon Wolfsburg FS South Mississippi

Hello, I've been on no mail for ages, so I hope for sale ads are still ok.

I'm selling my 87 Wolfsburg. Due to a move and new job with a long commute, I just don't have the time,resources to keep her. 1987 VW Vanagon Wolfsburg, 4sp, dark gray. 207,000 miles, but engine was replaced (according to records I have) at 99,000 miles.

Condition: Mechanical: Runs good, but a few problems. Recently developed loud squeal when it starts up, probably belt but I haven't diagnosed it yet (stops after about 5 minutes). Brakes ok, but will probably need to be checked. A/C needs recharged (I never used it). Has had coolant leak at some point. Rear heater core has been sealed off and removed (still have the parts here somewhere). No leaks now.

Tires: fair, but don't match.

Body: Above average. No rust. Roof is heavily oxidized (originally California vehicle). Dent on back passenger side. Fiberglass panels aren't perfect, but are complete.

Interior: Very good. Front seats have some wear. Jump seats and rear bench in good condition. Has almost all the original "goodies" still with it including jump seats, all but one head rests, florescent light, table, cupholders, jack, and even the two storage trays that fit behind the seats. Also includes fairly new floormats that cover entire passenger area.

Extras: Nice sound system with remote. Stereo unit was partially stolen in a break-in, but I've bought replacement parts off ebay to get it back together. Con Ferr Roof rack. (needs a paint job, but looks cool..just makes van too tall to fit under my carport).

Who this would be good for: Someone with some good mechanical knowledge looking for a nice clean Vanagon with a good body and interior.

Price: I'm going to be asking $2500 locally, but I've got to sell soon so don't be afraid to make an offer. SERIOUSLY, I won't be offended.

I will take some pictures this weekend and can send/post to those interested. I am located in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi (halfway between Biloxi, MS and New Orleans, LA). Ideal buyer would be local, but since I'm not in a big metro area, I'll try to accommodate anyone seriously interested as best as possible. Email b_asbury@bellsouth.net if interested/questions etc. It may take me awhile to respond due to travel/work schedule. VIN available upon request if you want to run a CARFAX report. I ran one a few years ago after I bought it and it looked clean (with the exception of failing a smog test in CA at one point). Thanks, Brian Asbury