Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 May 2004 12:19:49 -0400
From:         Tracey Estevez <boatshop@INTERCOM.NET>
Subject:      Re: What is best program to make a website?
Comments: To: vgonman@MSN.COM

I use the free service Tripod offers www.tripod.com. It was the first site I had ever made and I wanted to try out the webmaster thing to see if it was something I like. I now manage webpages for friends and clients using other hosts, but my own site remains on Tripod simply because I don't have the time to move it...and the price is right! They have many different templates you can choose from and customize without learning HTML or web design programs. They offer a paid hosting plan, which will give you a site free of advertising.

I plan to switch my site to their paid service soon although the ads aren't too annoying. You can see how I have customized my site at www.maritimeworkshop.com Notice I have a registered domain name and to my knowledge Tripod does not allow "domain mapping" as aprt of their free service.I had another host do it for me. Tripod's free webhosting gives you the URL in this format http://yoursitename.tripod.com which is alot friendlier than other free hosts URL's since your site name comes before the hosts name.

I'd be happy to offer any assistance if you should need it.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know when you have your page online.

-Tracey