Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 May 2004 21:01:33 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Roadhaus - Clearing the air

My god folks ....

Just because someone say's something doesn't make it true.

Sometimes things are simply as they appear.

No hidden agendas, sub plots or conspiracy theories.

Oh yeah ... And no "get rich Quick Scam".

There is no book, anthropological study, or movie of the week.

Do I find the dynamics of our community fascinating ... You betcha.

Just like almost every one of you that I have met and talked with about the topic.

The FACTS simply put.

I sold everything I owed to do this trip.

I am not rich, have never been rich and have never played a rich person on TV.

I was at a low point in my life, for many reasons.

Many have said "trips take you", not the other way around.

That's the way it was and is for me.

For a long time the need to embark on such an adventure had particular significance for me.

It has a life of it's own ....

A few folks don't have a clue what I'm taking about ... But I know most know exactly what I saying.

I continued this trip for longer than I should have ... Financially.

But the pull to take it to some other conclusion is incredible strong.

If I don't trust that pull I will regret it for the rest of my life.

I got in trouble .... I asked for suggestions on solutions.

That lead to an outpouring of support, encouragement and help.

That lead to a small amount of public and private criticism.

That lead to me accepting help from strangers and friends.

Something I have never been able to do before in my life.

It's very tempting to withdraw completely and continue privately.

But from the beginning I felt one dumb ass guy trying to stubble his way through a cockeyed adventure and maybe along the way, his path forward in life, was something that some might find a little value in.

Based on the tons of emails of encouragement,

I going to continue do just that.

So if that smokes your stack ...

Please hit the delete key every time you see "RoadHaus" in the subject line.

Otherwise ....

Get a lynch mob together because you will have to drag me off the road and throw me off the list.

Can we move on now?

Larry