Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 May 2004 19:14:07 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: microbus is dead NVC
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

Its interesting that VW makes a wide variety of other types of cars and trucks that aren't sold in the US. In a recent PBS TV Broadcast on China as an emerging industrialized nation there were statements made that VW held a good share of the auto market by producing a cheap version of the US and Euro cars that resulted in heavy pollution of China air. In general it said that the models sold in China couldn't be sold anywhere else because of high fuel consumption and high emissions. China recently just switched to unleaded fuels and most of the cars in China were designed to run on leaded fuels. Search out VW T5 sites and you'll find lots of the other models.

Stan Wilder

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Bus Depot" <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:21 PM Subject: Re: microbus is dead NVC