Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 May 2004 09:23:20 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: I found a "Mystery Switch" ...
Comments: To: thorgk@ACCESSCOMM.CA

BA-6 heater info

The safety switch prevents a restart until a problem is resolved. The safety switch will activate if:

1. The heater fails to ignite 2. the overheat switch closes, blowing the fuel pump fuse

If the safety switch activates due to failed ignition, you must determine why and resolve this. then you can reset the safety switch gently moving the small red lever.

The same goes for overheating: most likely the recirculation air blower is clogged or failed. Fix the problem first before resetting the safety switch.

Robert

1982 Westfalia

I'm replying to my own post. If the switch is for the gas heater then am I partially correct in saying the it is a cut off for the fuel in case of an accident? Just curious. We use the gas heater in our van occasionally and like the heat on a cold morning while camping. I also use the gas heater while waiting for the water system to warm up. I do not leave the gas heater on for long if the van is not running, it seems to use lots of battery power to run the pumps and fans. I particularly like the jet engine sounds when the heater cycles and runs.

George

'85 Westfalia