Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 May 2004 19:24:22 -0400
From:         caverat <caverat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      OT -  Sirius satellite radio now on DISH satellite TV

Due to the recent threads about Sirius, I thought I would pass this info on. If you are a subscriber to the DISH satellite TV service (who would pay for free TV?), you may be interesting in knowing that the Sirius satellite radio service is now available free of charge on DISH TV. The current Muzak channels are still available, but they will go away once that contract is up. Check your program guide for channel numbers (start around 6000 or 9000, I think). Here's something from one of the press releases last week - " Sirius Satellite Radio Now Offered to Millions of Dish Network Homes

NEW YORK and DALLAS, May 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS, the premium satellite radio provider known for delivering the very best in commercial-free music and sports programming to cars and homes across the country, today significantly increased its number of listeners across the country when it made its music service available to EchoStar Communications Corporation and its more than 9.7 million DISH Network satellite television customers. The official launch of the service is to take place today at the DISH Network 2004 Team Summit Satellite Television Conference in Dallas.

"Beginning today, SIRIUS is now in front of more listeners than anyone in satellite radio," said Joseph P. Clayton, CEO of SIRIUS. "More than 9.7 million DISH Network subscribers now have the opportunity to listen to 100 percent commercial-free music from SIRIUS, and can enjoy the tremendous variety of music genres that we provide in digital quality sound. Once they hear what we have to offer, we believe that DISH Network customers will want to have SIRIUS in their cars, boats, RVs and trucks, as well as their homes."

"Satellite radio is one of the hottest products, and SIRIUS has the best programming in this exciting new entertainment category," said Charles Ergen, chairman and CEO of EchoStar("At DISH Network, we stand for the best in quality, and that's why we decided to link up with SIRIUS -- to provide our listeners with the most varied music in satellite radio. With over 60 channels of commercial-free music, we believe that SIRIUS has the depth and variety of programming to satisfy our customers."

SIRIUS, now available to over 10 million DISH Network satellite TV and SIRIUS Satellite Radio subscribers, provides listeners with over 110 channels of the best commercial-free music, sports, information and entertainment, with digital quality sound coast-to-coast, broadcast daily from New York City, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston and Daytona. SIRIUS offers over 60, 100% commercial-free, music channels featuring multiple categories of Pop, Rock, Country, Hip-Hop, R&B, Dance, Jazz, Classical and Latin music, along with more than 50 channels of world-class sports, news, talk entertainment, traffic and weather for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95, with greater savings for upfront payments of multiple months or a year or more. SIRIUS also broadcasts live play-by-play games of the NHL, NBA and NFL, and is the official satellite radio partner of the NFL.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio products for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are manufactured by Alpine, Audiovox(NASDAQ-NMS:VOXX) , Blaupunkt, Clarion, Eclipse, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic and U.S. Electronics, and can be purchased at major retailers including Best Buy, Car Toys, Circuit City, Good Guys, Sears, Tweeter and Ultimate Electronics, along with RadioShack(NYSE:RSH) and DISH Network outlets in mid-2004. SIRIUS is also currently available at Wal-Mart.

SIRIUS' exclusive automotive partners DaimlerChrysler, Ford and BMW represent over 40% of new cars and light trucks sold annually in the United States. Automotive brands currently offering SIRIUS radios in select new car models include BMW, MINI, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep(R), Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda, Audi, Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen. Automotive brands that have announced plans to offer SIRIUS radios in select models include Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover and Aston Martin. In 2004, SIRIUS radios are expected to be available in over 80 different car models, with more than 50 of them factory programs. Also, Hertz currently offers SIRIUS in 29 vehicle models at 53 major locations around the country. In addition, the Penske companies - Penske Auto Group, United Auto Group and Penske Trucking - are offering SIRIUS radios as a factory installed option, where available, in their cars and trucks through their dealerships.

Genmar Holdings, the world's largest manufacturer of recreational boats, Formula Boats and Winnebago, the leading supplier of recreational vehicles and motor homes, also offer SIRIUS.

Click on www.sirius.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to find a SIRIUS retailer or car dealer in your area.

caverat