Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 May 2004 23:17:16 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas Mileage Problem...again
Comments: To: rdawson@UOGUELPH.CA

If two of the injectors have bad spray patterns it is time to replace the set. Beck Arnley sells rebuilt injectors through a FLAPS. Cost is ~$50 each. At least replace the two bad ones but keep in mind that any imbalance will cause idle problems.

Next step is to make sure the temp 2 sensor and O2 sensors are working. If the plugs are fouled with carbon, replace them. The carbon is a short and can cause a weak spark. They may clean up after the engine is running right, but for a few dollars, why fight it.

Dennis