Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 May 2004 17:53:05 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Listmember down in AZ - need a Syncro tranny

Hello all,

I received a call this afternoon from list member Bob Stevens, who is stuck in Cottonwood, AZ (about a hundred miles north of me in Phoenix). Seems that he tried to push start his van in reverse, and managed to crack the tranny case. Guess he's stuck there for over the weekend, at least.

A shop in Prescott (relatively near to him) quoted him $4200 plus shipping and installation for a rebuilt tranny, to be shipped from New Jersey on Tuesday. Doesn't sound too acceptable to me, but . . .

I offered to drive one from Phx to Cottonwood if that would help. Does anyone have one available from a wrecked van? Any rebuilders have one? Any suggestions? I've located a 4 spd 2WD tranny for him here in Phoenix for $500 (no core), which sounds a bit high but acceptable. It would only be available on Tuesday, too. Not ideal, but it would get him on the road and home.

You may respond to me (or, obviously, the list) by e-mail or you may call Bob directly on his cell phone at 801-232-9409. If you like, you may call me on my cell at 602-616-1802. Gerald Masar lives fairly close to his location, too, but I've taken the lead position on this.

Thanks,

Karl Wolz