Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 May 2004 20:00:01 -0400
From:         MilosKitchen <sagmoore@ZOOMINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      FW: Gas Mileage Problem

-----Original Message----- From: MilosKitchen [mailto:sagmoore@zoominternet.net] Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 7:15 PM To: Jason Kirk Subject: RE: Gas Mileage Problem

"My local chain store wants $28 (US) for one." Okay, this is where I must chime in. The price of parts seems to be a big issue. If I need a new part for my Vanagon such as brake pads or shoes, springs, whatever, unless I can trace back the source to OEM or VW, I don't buy it. Go to VW or a qualified list vendor, buy the part and smile, it will work with your vehicle. Buying parts for the important things like fuel filters, oil filters, brakes, thermostats etc, get the real deal. How long did the original part last in the first place? Pretty long I'd guess (okay, not counting cylinder heads). All of are vans are getting a bit geriatric, don't abuse them with substandard fitsall parts. Okay rant over, flame suit on. Dave

If you keep running your van out of gas your mileage problem is bound to get worse. Imagine how much sediment has collected on the bottom of that tank since it was new and now your forcing all of that crap through your fuel lines and (hopefully) into your fuel filter. By they way does anyone know the best place to get a new fuel filter? My local chain store wants $28 (US) for one.

Jason Kirk 87 Vanagon Weekender