Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 May 2004 10:21:37 -0400
From:         Germain <reglys@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Ignition Coil and Hall sender (resolved)
Comments: To: Mike Collum <collum@verizon.net>

Thanks Mike

I am so happy, I have found the problem (in fact you did). The ignition key is the culprit.When I turn on the ignition key until I hit the stopper, the motor is cranking without firing and the pilot lights turn off on the dash. However, if I turn the ignition key slowly, the motor fire without any problem and the pilot lights stay on during the cranking.

The next step will be the replacement of the ignition switch. However, it doesn't seem to be an easy job. I wonder if I should do it. According to what I have seen on the list , I need to extract the steering column lock ( I don't know what it is).

Anyway Thanks again . You are a good troubleshooter.

Germain

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Collum" <collum@verizon.net> To: "Germain" <reglys@SYMPATICO.CA> Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 9:24 PM Subject: Re: Ignition Coil and Hall sender