Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 May 2004 01:10:26 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Unsafe at any..(was Re: safe speeds)

History shows that there is really no speed that is safe. Even oxen travel is dangerous ( hear that Oxroad?)

You could be in your covered wagon,(original Westfalia) and the oxen could have a bad case of the bcraps in front of you- now that's unsafe!!!! And at any speed mind you.

So there you have it -the safest travel is: none at all. That's what I said!

Since we have evolved iron ore into particle accellerators in the form of boxes on wheels that have "made in Germany" stamped on them,

We have unwittingly become like atoms spinning around the nucleus colliding into each other.

How does this all add up? Statistically the numbers truly are decreasing as fewer of us take to the hiways due to the fact that fuel is costing us too much!!!

If we could re-invent the automobile then our vehicles would be powered by trained animals that only occasionally emit gas (there's your greenhouse gas ).

Ironically we could have harnessed the power of dinosoaurs had cave men left them alone,living animals that could have made steam engines unecesscary.

History would read that dinosaurs made the transcontinental possible. , The buuilding of the Empire State, the Egyptian Pyramids! Did I say that?

OK- so we have to drive something at some speed relative to the total potential velocity indicated on the speedometer within the law which is not standardized and then expect everyone who drives to comply. Therefore you drive faster than your Vanagon speedaometer reads as you know it is 2 mph slower than actual.

There- I said it- i just had to get this out- thanks!

Robert K 1982 Westfalia