Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:18:13 -0700
From:         Rob Campbell <rob@PHEMP.COM>
Subject:      follow-up:  "Eazy Awning" from busdepot.com

I recieved email from busdepot.com this morning, my kit is indeed missing clamps and instructions, which were priority-mailed to me already.

I'm satisfied with this resolution and don't hold a grudge against them, but if you order this kit I would check the contents immediately. Of course this is hard to do when it doesn't include a packing list or instructions, however they were kind enough to send me a pdf:

http://dokodemo.org/A7905.pdf

(hosted at my site w/o their permission for the good of the vanagon list)

these instructions are not great but they do verify that I am missing the clamps and they are a little better than trying to decipher it all from the product description page.

I'd still tentatively give this product a decent review, especially for value. It seems very heavy/sturdy (in a good way, mostly). Assembly is not what I would call "easy" but it might get that way with practice. Still, the price is right (1/4 of other awnings, you pay for it in hassle instead - which I often don't mind), and I love that it does not permanently mount to van. I'll report more as its actually used.